Friday, April 24, 2009

Promises

Two books with braids on their backs

This morning during the breakfast and general day planning I said to my husband who during the week takes most of the housekeeping load: "I won't work long today, I'll clean up the flat at least partially. Then tomorrow we'll get the rest done quickly and can spend the rest of the weekend without having to care about scrubbing the floor."
O.k., can you guess where it went? Of course the flat is as dirty as before, and I prepared the signatures for 7 books, 3 book blocks are already bound and glued and are waiting to be cut and edge decorated, 2 are still relaxing under some weights (for one swap each, but this is a different story and will be told another time) and 2 are bound without glue and already finished. I took the picture above with the last rays of the evening sun.
- Just so that you know: This was not a short working day.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Simon said...

The leather on these books looks fantastic, and i love the contrasting stitching too! Regards Simon. http://papercurious.blogspot.com/

Büchertiger said...

I am glad that you like it, thanks for your comment!