Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lion Journal No 2

My creative work is still going - or rather crawling - slowly. I have not yet completely recovered from my cold, and I have a slight temperature again since yesterday. I just hate this condition when I am too healthy to just lie down, but sick enough to be easily exhausted and simply slow.
Above you see the stamp I cut today, I am planning to do some paste papers today, and I will try whether I can use the stamp for that. Usually one would use stamps from brass or hard wood for that purpose, but I'll give it a try.


I finished my second lion journal already on Sunday evening:This is not the lion lino cut I made before, but a new stamp I carved sometime during the last week. Below you can see it in more detail.
Das ist mein zweites Löwennotizbuch. Es sind einige mehr geplant, aber heute mache ich erstmal ein bisschen Kleisterpapier.

Es tut mir leid, dass ich nicht viel vorzeigen kann, vielleicht habt ihr ja Lust, wo anders weiterzulesen:

Diese Homepage von Susan Porteous ist sehr schön gemacht und man kann dort sehr beeindruckende Buchkunst anschauen.
Ein bisschen mehr zu Lesen aber auch vor allem anzuschauen gibt es bei Dark Roasted Blend, in diesem Falle über Altered Books.
Wenn ihr Spanish lesen könnt, dann empfehle ich die Lektüre dieses Artikels bei Libro de Artista. Er enthält viele schlaue Gedanken zu der Entstehung einer neuen Kunstform, die wie BookArt kennen (nicht 'Buchkunst' wie sie etwa in Leipzig gelehrt wird; das ist eher ein Vorgänger) und zeichnet die sich daraus ergebene Vielfalt nach und versucht eine Klassifikation. Ein wirklich gelungener Artikel!
Und mit den Empfehlungen verabschiede ich mich!


Sorry I have so few to show to you today. Maybe you have a look at the following websites instead:
The Homepage of Susan Porteous is well made and you can see a lot of impressive and beautiful book art there.
A collection of pictures of altered books can be found at this article at Dark Roasted Blend.
And if you still don't have enough and you can read Spanish, I want to recommend this article at el libro de artista. It talks about the history of artists books and attempts to give an impression of the wide variety and distictions between them.

Thanks for reading and have a nice week!

No comments: