Monday, February 16, 2009

I've been tagged

This is another self portrait and those of you who have seen its predecessors must admit that I am getting better. - It still isn't quite right, though.

Das oben ist mal wieder ein Versuch, mich selbst zu portraitieren. Ich dachte, das passt als Bild dazu, dass ich heute ein bisschen was über mich preisgeben soll. Letzte Woche bin ich von Billie getagged worden. Sie will 7 Bücherfakten von mir wissen, und ich soll den Tag weitergeben.

Anyway, I have been tagged last week by Billie. This are the rules
  • Link back to the one who tagged you.
  • List 7 random book facts about you.
  • Tag another 7 friends.
So here are my seven book facts:
  1. I like to read socially. When I was in primary school I had a friend with whom I got together after school to read together. We were simply sitting side by side, each reading her book. When no friend is around to do that Nowadays, I like to read in Cafes.
  2. I like Audio Books. I feel like I shouldn't. Of course I do enjoy the book as an object as much as the literature contained therein. I like the musty smell of old books and the glossy appearance of new ones. But I also like being told stories and I like audio books.
  3. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman and Umberto Ecco.
  4. In each of our rooms in our flat are bookshelves except the bathroom, there the books just clutter around the bath tube and the toilet. We have about 70 meters of shelves, more than 50 of them occupied by books. (Maybe even 60, it's hard to tell, because many boards are partially full.)
  5. I like buying books. I buy more books than I can read. I used to read more and haven't cut down my buying rate, I guess.
  6. I like to read all kinds of novels, fantasy and SciFi. And I love contemporary poetry. And I really like reading encyclopaedias (wow, as I am writing this I realize how nerdy this must sound). I also like books for children. I don't like to read history books (including the silmarillion), biographies, collections of letters and similar biographical-historical stuff. I like books that contain witty ideas and still are written with a feel for the characters and athmosphere. (That's why I don't like to read Lem all that much. He has really great ideas but doesn't care to give flesh to his characters.)
  7. I hate it when the spine of a book breaks. It almost causes me physical pain to see people dog ear their books, force them too far open or lay them opened on the floor. I can read even thick paperbacks without leaving a trail of doing so. When I lend books to friends I usually add: "Treat them nicely!" I can bear the book looking used in my shelf, though, and take them back even severely bruised. It is just the thought or sight of hurting them that I cannot stand.
So, now I should tag 7 more people, but it will be only 4. In no particular order:
Das sind 4 Leute, an die ich den Tag weitergebe.

Und das sind meine Buchfakten:
  1. Ich lese gerne in Gesellschaft. Schon als Kind habe ich mich gerne mit meiner Freundin zum Lesen getroffen. Wir haben dann nach der Schule beieinander gesessen und Lektüren ausgetausche und auch einfach jede für sich gelesen. Heute gehe ich gerne in Cafes, um dort zu lesen.
  2. Ich mag Hörbücher.
  3. Meine Lieblingsautoren sind Neil Gaiman und Umberto Ecco.
  4. In jedem Raum unserer Wohnung befinden sich Bücherregale. Außer im Badezimmer, da sammeln sich die Bücher in unordentlichen Haufen neben der Toilette (eher die Bücher meines Mannes) und der Badewanne (eher meine Bücher). Insgesamt haben wir mehr als 70 Regalmeter und mehr als 50 davon sind durch Bücher besetzt.
  5. Ich kaufe gerne Bücher. Ich kaufe mehr Bücher als ich lese.
  6. Ich lese gerne alle Arten von Romanen, Fantasy und Science Fiction. Außerdem mag ich zeitgenössische Poesie. Und ich lese gerne in Lexika. Was ich nicht so gerne lese sind Geschichtsbücher (inklusive des Sillmarillion), Biographien, Briefsammlungen und ähnliches biographisch-historisches Zeug. Ich möchte, dass meine Bücher gute Ideen enthalten, aber ich möchte auch, dass sie mit einem Interesse an ihren Charakteren und Atmosphäre geschrieben sind. Deswegen mag ich Stanislaw Lem, den mein Mann verschlingt, nicht so gerne. Er hat wirklich lustige Idee, aber scheint wenig Interesse an einer echten Ausarbeitung zu haben.
  7. Ich kann selbst dicke Taschenbücher lesen ohne dass der Rücken bricht. Zu sehen wie jemand ein Buch kräftig zu weit öffnet, Eselsohren hineindrückt oder es offen auf den Boden legt, bereitet mir Qualen. - Mein Mann hat von meinem ständigen leisen Stöhnen gelernt und kann mittlerweile unsere Bücher ebenfalls so lesen, dass sie selbst nach wiederholter Lektüre wie neu aussehen ;-)
Und jetzt bin ich gespannt, was die anderen so schreiben.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Fantastic list, I love Neil Gaiman as well. I really want to go see Coraline but it's $12.00 a ticket and I'm having a hard time justifying it...

Just stopped by to let you know I put you in my treasury!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=40484

Dymphie said...

thanks for tagging me :0 i'll see what I come up with next week or so :)

Dymphie said...

:0 should be read as :)

;)))

Dymphie said...

my random facts are posted :)